Getting StartedWhat I Need to Know to Get Started on a Project
To begin your website project…
A few things I’ll need from you to get started:
- Your Logo (PDF, EPS or high res JPEG if possible)
- Hosting Login (hosting account and/or Cpanel login)
- Current Website Login (if you already have a WordPress site)
- Images or pictures you’d like to use for the site (custom photography is best, or licensed stock photos)
- Branding guidance, preferred colors, any special graphics, or preferred fonts
- A business model/plan and other marketing brochures or plans.
- Business value proposition as well as descriptions of your products and services.
- Business contact information is also very important to have on a site and should be included.
- I ask for a 1/3 down payment before starting a project and will include more information in my onboarding welcome packet.
I use a great tool called Content Snare to help guide you through the process of gathering your content together and sharing it with me. My goal is to make this as easy as possible for you. Content is the number one challenge to meeting project deadlines and launching your website. Don’t worry if you’re not sure what to write, I give you instructions and guidance to help you along the way.
Layout and Design
A large and time consuming part of website design is in the layout, structure and design of the site. I’ll create the framework of the website and send you my welcome packet. I use a system called Content Snare to help me collect everything I need from you to build your website. You’ll receive an email from the system once I have set it up. Once inside, you will find some images that help you visualize the structure of the site. They are examples of how a typical site will be laid out – not necessarily the exact look and feel that your site will have.
Once you approve the main site layout and design, I move forward with building the rest of your pages, add plugin functionality and test for mobile experience. I make sure your site looks great and functions nicely across all devices and web browsers.
At this point your second payment is due.
Revisions and Edits
Once the site is ready for final review, we can go through each page and make detailed edits. I will put together a walk-through video to show you how to post blogs and update contact details on the site.
This is when your final payment will be due and we can discuss ongoing maintenance and future updates and changes.
Sound good? Ready to get started? I hope you are excited and look forward to starting or improving your website.
To make sure we are a good fit, I have some important details I need to know about your business. Please fill out my project questionnaire. The best way is in Content Snare so you can save and come back to the questions if you need to look up information or think about your answers. Fill out my basic form below and I’ll send you a link and PIN for my creative brief. It may seem like a lot of questions, but I’ve had people thank me for helping them really think about their project.
You can also use a Google Form I’ve created, but it can time out, so be sure to have your data together before you start. Once I get your answers, I’ll be in touch ASAP to set up a call.
Don’t worry, this is not an email opt in form and I won’t be adding you to a list. You can opt in to my email list from my home page.