Getting StartedWhat I Need to Know to Get Started on a Project
Designing a website, no matter how big or small, can feel overwhelming. Putting together content is one of the biggest challenges you will face. I’ve outlined my basic process below and included a questionnaire that will help you think about what your site should look like and the problems it should solve.
Layout and Design
A large and time consuming part of website design is in the layout, structure and design of the site. I’ll create the framework of the website and will send the homepage and a sub-page (or more upon request) for approval. Providing answers to the linked project questionnaire on Google forms as well as sending me a list of sites you really like, and why, will help in the design process.
Here is a PDF Version of Questionnaire if the Google Form does not load.
Once you approve the main site layout and design, I move forward with building the rest of your pages, add plugin functionality and test for mobile experience. I make sure your site looks great and functions nicely across all devices and web browsers.
Revisions and Edits
Once the site is ready for final review, we can go through each page and make detailed edits. I will put together a walk-through video to show you how to post blogs and update contact details on the site.
To begin your website project…
A few things I’ll need from you to get started:
- Your Logo (PDF, EPS or high res JPEG if possible)
- Hosting Login (hosting account and/or Cpanel login)
- Current Website Login (if you already have a WordPress site)
- Images or pictures you’d like to use for the site (custom photography is best, licensed stock photos in a pinch)
- Branding guidance, preferred colors, any special graphics, or preferred fonts
- A business model/plan and other marketing brochures or plans.
- Business value proposition as well as descriptions of your products and services.
- Business contact information is also very important to have on a site and should be included.